This weekend was basically one big party in Tampa because we had Gasparilla on Saturday and Superbowl on Sunday. Lots of beer, lots of BBQ, and LOTS of chips and guac. I’ve had my fill (okay, not really, ha!) of the rich stuff and actually found myself craving something that more closely resembles a vegetable (that part is true!).
Good thing there’s the trusty kale chip which you can eat by the dozen without feeling over stuffed and guilty.
Here’s how I make mine:
– 1 bunch curly kale, shredded to bite sized pieces
– 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– 1/2 tsp garlic powder
– salt + pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 375*F
2) In a large bowl, combine olive oil and spices and whisk until combined.
3) Add kale and mix until fully coated.
4) Arrange on a baking sheet so the pieces aren’t overlapping and bake for 8-12 minutes or until golden and crispy.
Over to you — What are your plans for the big game? We’re staying in and making burgers, grilled veggies, some homemade guacamole, and popping open a bottle of red 😉